Sunday, December 11, 2011

Evolution of trashed Jei Woo song

Dear readers,

Today I will consider the evolution of things Jei Woo throws in the trash. First Jei throws it out. Then Scott takes it and tells me to complete then. Then I complete them several separate times. Finally I do a preliminary presentation at a congress talent show as a performance art piece at a congress talent show that my friend Sam tells me was good. And so I develop and evolve the work of others making it a story of a the single event that made a person lose everything.

First I destroyed the primary phrase in it just to see what would happen. From there I developed it closer to my own style. After this I saw the primary phase still worked so I reworked it in and made another draft with it reworked in to make it more natural. So now I will show the original (Jei Woo's original and my ending) so that when the current is truly complete and finalized I can look back at this and see where the evolution has gone from.

Original:
Standing in line for the second time
Tonight by the way I see you
Naked in the rain.

Lately
Lately
Break it down
Break

At this point Jei stopped writing and I did a quick completion on the spot:
Break, break

Lately I've seen
Truth in sheep's clothes
Now I know
I know now

Lately
Lately
Break it down
Break
Break, Break.

I hope that A. Jei has no problem with me putting that first part up. B. That when I look back at this when all is said and done I will see a more clear evolution of writing.

Thank you for reading,

Mike Hand

No comments:

Post a Comment