Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Project Progress 8

Dear readers,

Before I start with this I would like to report that while I was on Youtube I saw that some one had started to use the world of Minecraft to explain the laws of science and how to measure things in a scientific matter. I fully expect the series to be horrible but it reminded me of the Grammar blog so I'll include a link to the channel in an edit later today.

Yesterday was mainly a research day so I do not have much to report on. I would much rather focus on today over tomorrow. To start the day off Luke told me to look up tanka, a Japanese form of poetry which is five lines long and follows a syllabic pattern of 57577, and to look up Sanford Goldstein. After looking up tanka I looked up Sanford and found a pretty interesting interview from him. I will include the link in the edit I'm making later. Along with that I found some examples of his poetry along with the double link tanka, which is when you write on tanka, then you have another guy write another tanka and then you link them all together. I am actually thinking of doing this. Not sure with who yet.

Here is some example of the tanka written today,
One:
What does five lines give?
A sense of reality?
Perhaps the mind knows.
Perhaps the mind shalln't see;
Though only the mountain knows.
Two:
You don't disagree
When the sandman seeks his prey
Along the river
The accusations are made
For human rights are gone now.

So those are my samples, I hope you enjoyed them. Edit will come by seven o clock tonight with all the links.

Hoping you enjoyed,

Mike Hand

1 comment:

  1. Ah! Tanka! Do you like the form of it? Can you email me all you've written?

    ReplyDelete