Thursday, May 10, 2012

Project Progress 7

Dear readers,

Today I found myself working on my side salad and realized that it was far more enjoyable for myself and moving at a much faster rate then my main project. As such I've decided to push the movie into the side salad (and possibly make it a longer term project for myself) and take my side salad of poetry and putting it as my main project.

So today, instead of playing around with styles, I began by taking lines from famous poems and juxtaposing them to see what I got. From there I started reading some Allen Ginsberg, namely "America". I loved how he used repetition of words and phrases so I began to copy that, stealing phrases from what people around me were saying. Every poem could use some work however I feel like it is a good start.

Thank you for reading,

Mike Hand

1 comment:

  1. I like the poetry idea a lot. I lI've the fact you're taking from other poems and mashing them into your own thing. Very cool way to approach things. Post something up!

    ReplyDelete