Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Self Deprecating Pattern I See in Myself

Dear readers,

Today I noticed a recurring thing in all the art I do while doing my homework for a basic drawing class. That is that I am incredibly self deprecating on myself. Of course the problem with this is that it seems like people misjudge me based on that alone. I almost want to grab them and scream at them "I am not depressed!" but enough people have that in their heads that it doesn't help.

So I play every thing I write as a character but people seem to miss some of the points of that and think that I myself am still speaking. Or even worse, they honestly believe that the situation a character was in is meant as a screw you to them. I'll be honest, sometimes it is but most times its a logical continuation of a plot.

What brought this up was that I was doing my self portraits and the two points of myself that I emphasized were my uni brow and scar aka the two most unattractive features on my face. If I see myself as being that ugly then what does that say about me as a person?

Perhaps volumes,

Mike Hand

No comments:

Post a Comment